Thursday, February 26, 2009
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Lately, we have been trying to set our priorities right. We have been making a huge effort to spend more quality time together as a family. This week for FHE, Brad thought it would be a lot of fun to go kite flying. It was an awesome idea. We drove down to Mueller Lake and met with one of his work buddies. Alex, as Chancho prefers to call him (real name: Les) invited us to fly his awesome kite. It was so much fun to fly kites, although I did not do much of it. Little Sam and I just hung out with Tanya (Alex's wife according to Chancho) and their cute little dog Plug. We just sat back and enjoyed watching Chancho go crazy. It started to rain so we had to cut the kite flying short. So we proceeded go down to South Congress to have a delicious pizza from Home Slice. This was my first time there, and I have to say that it was great. Love the food and the atmosphere, very much like Austin.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Thursday, February 12, 2009
1. El Rancho su Majestad -that choriqueso, there is nothing more delicious on the surface this earth than a warm corn (homemade) tortilla filled with choriqueso.
2. Tacos de Papa- there is this little house on Calle Obregon that sells these delicous tiny flautitas de papa with the hottest salsa. You have to eat almost twenty of them before you fill up, but watch out that salsa will get you.
3. Tostadas La Sibera- Oh!! These tostadas are to die for, I remember getting one just before my braces got tightened. Delicous. Highly recommended.
4. El Tokyo-Caldo de res, absolutely the best. Love this little place right across from where Mas Mas used to be right on Guerrero Avenue.
5. Tacos El Venado-openned all night, nothing better could fill you up after dancing the night away than a couple of El Venado Taco with some cilantro and onions and rich salsa.
6. Taco Palenque-everything is good there.
7. Un Elote- there is no place on earth that makes the best corn on the cob than the street vendors in Mexico. Love the mayonnaise on it with the red chile powder and that cheese that they sprikle on it, Yummy!!!
8. Conito-this shop has been closed for quite some time, it was right across from the cemetary back when I was in high school. I loved to get a snow cone better known as a "raspa". The lady who ran this placed lived just behind the little store. She made her own syrup, and the best part of it all was that she would add a scoop of ice cream at the bottom of your snow cone. My favorite flavor was pineapple. This place was always so refreshing during the scrouging summer time.
9. El Pescador-a shrimp cocktail. Yummy, I remembe going to eat at this place a lot as a kid. My mom is from very tropical place so sea food has always had a very special place in my tummy. .The other great thing about this place are their rolls, so buttery. Yummy. Red Lobster has nothing on this place.
10. Hot Dogs with Bacon- not only are the corn on the cob from street vendors delicous but these incredible smoking hot dogs. This is a recipe for a heat attack, but so worth it. Add bacon to anything and you will see your world change.
These are not in any particular order, just in the order they popped in my head. Food is also a way communicate to me a good time. I tend to remeber events by what was served. My mom said that when I was a little girl about 3 or 4 we visited a relative of our and I wanted to leave because she did not offer us anything to eat. I guess that was my way of say I was hungry. I have always been a hungry girl and am always looking to learn to make new things.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Rules: It's harder than it looks! Copy to your own note, erase my answers, enter yours, and tag 10 people. Use the first letter of your name to answer each of the following questions. They have to be real . . . nothing made up! If the person before you had the same first initial, you must use different answers. You cannot use any word twice and you can't use your name for the boy/girl name question.Have Fun!!
- What is your name: Magdalena
- A four Letter Word: more
- A boy's name: Mark
- A girl's Name: Monica
- An occupation: maid
- A color: maroon
- Something you wear: mittens
- A food: mole (Mexican dish, yummy too)
- Something found in the bathroom: my toes just kidding: Mirror
- A place: Morroco
Sunday, February 1, 2009
- Be it enacted the Senate (aka: Mom) and House of Representatives (aka: kids) of the
- Summers Family in Family Home Evening assembled.
- SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE
- This Act may be cited as the "Summers Family Faith Recovery
- and Reinvestment Act of 2009"
SECTION 2. TABLE OF CONTENTS
The Table of Contents for this Acts is as follows:
Title I- General Provisions Title II- Faith Building Development Title III- Family Bonding Creation Title IV- Missionary Investment Title V- Temple Marriage Investment Title VI- Marriage and Family Stability Title VII- Constant Church Attendance Title VIII-Meet the Solemn Responsibility of Husbands and Wifes as commanded in the Family Proclamation ( and not by Dad's interpretation of whta a solemn responsibility means)
STATMENT OF APPROPRIATIONS
The following sums in this Act are appropriated, out of any blessings in the Blessings Treasury Bank, not otherwise appropriated for the fiscal year ending in June 30th of 2009 and for other purposes.