Monday, November 14, 2011
Although we don't mind the new school schedule it can certainly be very exhausting. So we decided to go to the beach. It was a very quick get away with the kids but it was so refreshing. We didn't leave until after it was dark. We also got a chance to visit with some good friends we have down close to Galveston.
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
1. Brad and I went to the San Antonio Temple. It had been a while since we both were together at the temple. It seems to me that once we started having our children we just never got around to going to the temple, it was one thing after another. I am so happy we were able to make it this month. I hope this become a regular occurrence in our life.
2. Sammy is potty trained!! Yay!! He is not even three yet and he pretty much did it on his own. He finally got it, he understood that diapers are for babies and he is far from a baby as he puts it. We have had some "close calls", but nothing crazy. I am so proud of our sweet little gozilla.
3. This next one was tied for number 2. Bradley is in Kindergarten, bitter sweet for me, but great for him. After much thought and praying we decided to keep him in public school and to have him in the dual language program. We went back and forth about the dual language and we decided that he is very smart and he can handle it. He also started school with a boot on his foot, after fracturing his foot by playing some very realistic Wii. 4. Bradley's performance with Texas Stars. This summer I enrolled Bradley in a little theater group and he had two performance where he did great. He was so cute!! By the way if you want to see him perform there will be another performance at the library this coming Monday at 5:30pm. Come early it is very popular and seats fill up quick.
5. Last but not least our little Carter is rolling over. Oh, boy!! I am in big trouble can't leave him alone anywhere. And he has also broken in a tooth. I was hoping to I could introduce him to some cereal and some formula, but he is not having any of that.
Over all, August has been a great month,we are excited about all of the new adventures with school and Sammy growing into big boy undies, and Carter getting bigger.
Bradley is not in the picture because he got upset that we had to leave. Here is my sweet Carter with Tania. So just before we left Grandma Malena treated the boys to get haircuts. The boys have never had their haircut outside of the house so this was a totally new experience for them. Although July was fun, I was glad it was over. I was looking forward for a quieter month.
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
Friday, May 27, 2011
This is what it really looks like. With a couple of pots missing.
So here is my mother's day gift. Yipee, he finished it right around 3 AM Sunday morning, but what a lovely surprised I had for mother's day. A desk in the closet and a peg board, nice!! Couldn't ask for more.
So out of this desk the following has come come out.
Other sewing things that I have made recently too, but not at in my new crafty dungeon.
That's all for now!! I am exhausted. Like it?
Saturday, May 14, 2011
Friday, May 13, 2011
Yesterday was little Bradley's last day of preschool. It was a bittersweet moment for all of us. When I first enrolled him in preschool I was so sad because although I was technically his very first teacher, it was hard for me to share my little boy and have someone else be his teacher. But in the end it all turned out great. I would have been doing him a dis-service by keeping him here at home all cooped up. Little Bradley is an incredibly social child and he needs to be around other kids, not necessarily his siblings, and at this preschool he had the opportunity to make so many friends, in fact he was awarded the "Fantastic Friend Award" at his preschool graduation ceremony. Anyhow, I just loved his teacher Ms. Laura and I thought I would do a little something for her. Here is what I made for her. I wanted to give her something personal so I made a monogram.
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Friday, April 1, 2011
I was trying to stay within the color scheme we used for the conference. Yellow, green, and white.
Anyhow, then I got into sewing mode just recently. Here are some of the burp rags of cloth diapers I made for Carter. These are the easiest projects ever. I also did a nursing cover which I will soon post. My next project is some bibs for my new baby niece that is coming in May and a couple of holiday table runners. I am very excited about sewing. It is kind of relaxing if you don't have a deadline to meet.
Monday, March 28, 2011
Saturday, March 26, 2011
Sunday, March 13, 2011
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Sunday, January 23, 2011
"I have said lately that women are like lionesses at the gate of the home. Whatever happens in that home and family happens because she cares about it and it matters to her. She guards that gate, and things matter to that family if they matter to her. For example, if the lioness at the gate believes in the law of tithing, tithing will be paid in that family. If that family has a humble little portion of ten pesos coming in, that lioness will safeguard the one peso if tithing is important to her. If that lioness at the gate knows about renewing her baptismal covenants with God, she will be in sacrament meeting on Sunday, and she will prepare her children to be there. They will be washed, cleaned, combed, and taught about that meeting and what happens there. It isn’t a casual event, but it is serious to her, and it will be serious to them. The lioness at the gate ensures that temple worship is taken care of in the family. She encourages that participation. She cares about seeking after her ancestors. If the lioness at the gate knows about and understands missions, missionaries, and the mission of the house of Israel, she will prepare future missionaries to go out from that home. It is very difficult to get a lion cub away from a lioness who doesn’t believe in missions, but if the lioness believes in a mission, she will devote her life to preparing the cub to go out and serve the Lord. That’s how important she is. Service happens if she cares about it.
Sisters, you are each like the lioness at the gate. This means that there has to be some prioritizing. I was taught years ago that when our priorities are out of order, we lose power. If we need power and influence to carry out our mission, then our priorities have to be straight. "
Wow!! There it is. After reading this I was very motivated to want to become a lioness at the gate of my home. I thought well how do I do this, and fortunately her talk gives us those instructions too. By prioritizing!! And doing those lists: the essentials, the necessaries, and the nice-to-dos. Lately, I have been feeling well to say the least not so motivated and after yesterday's conference and after reading Sister Beck's talk, I realized that my priorities had been out of order and that I needed to redress that part of my life. I knew this had been going on for quite a while. I was wondering what was wrong with me, am I going through prenatal depression, but down deep inside I knew what was wrong I just did not want to admit it to myself. I knew I wasn't doing the small and simple things that I needed to do. But after reading this and putting the things I learned yesterday in conference together, I learned that I just simply need to get off my behind and stop nagging myself and get to work. Today I started working on my lists and I am excited to see what will come of this list. I figured since I did not make any new year's resolutions as I usually do, this will become my new method of making resolutions.
Sister Julie B. Beck talk.
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Here are 32 reasons why Brad is so loved!!
1. "Papa let's me play guns with him!! (not literally)"- Little Bradley
2. "Papa has a big truck!"-Sammy
3. Papa works hard for us to have fun.
4. "Papa put Christmas outside" aka Christmas lights- Sammy
5. Papa fixes my toys, - The boys
6. "Papa builds the best geo trax"-Sammy
7. "Papa takes me to the kid play place" aka the gym -Little Bradley
8. "Papa makes good cookies for FHE."- The Boys
9. "Papa lets me workout with him."-Bradley
10. "Papa gives Bella baths."-Mom
11. "Papa gives us chicle"-The Boys
12. "Papa takes me to 7-11 and buys me a big gulp."-Bradley
13."Papa takes care of us."-The Boys
14. "Papa goes on missions to save people."-Bradley
15. "Papa let's me play with this smart phone"-Bradley
16. "Papa bought Mama a car map (GPS device)so she does not get lost."-Bradley
17. " Papa knows how to load the dishwasher better than Mama."-Mama
18. " Papa takes me for a run."-Sammy
19. "Papa does his own laundry when Mama can't get to it."-Mama
20. "Papa married Mama."-Mama and The Boys
21. " Papa plays air hockey with me."-Bradley
22. "Papa occassionaly surprises us with Papa Murphy's Pizza and cinnamon rolls."-Mama and The Boys
23. "When Papa takes us shopping at Sam's he always buys us pizza."-The Boys
24. "Papa takes us to the Tractor store (aka Lowe's or Home Depot) to shop for tools to fix things in the house."-The Boys
25. "Papa takes turns saying prayers."-Bradley
26."Papa reads to us."-The Boys
27. "Papa takes us on vacations."-Mama and The Boys
28. "Papa chases us with the vaccum cleaner"-The Boys
29. "Papa can carry me on his shoulders."-Sammy
30. "Papa teaches me to be a good brother."-Bradley
31. "Papa scoops up Bella's poop so I don't get dirty."-Bradley
32. "Papa is the best and we love for all that he does for us!!!"-Mama and The Boys